This Course will introduce students about how Ruby works, because Ruby is a powerful, flexible programming language you can use in web/Internet development, to process text, to create games, and as part of the popular Ruby on Rails web framework. Ruby is:
- High-level, meaning reading and writing Ruby is really easy—it looks a lot like regular English!
- Interpreted, meaning you don’t need a compiler to write and run Ruby. You can write it here at Codecademy or even on your own computer (many are shipped with the Ruby interpreter built in—we’ll get to the interpreter later in this lesson).
- Object-oriented, meaning it allows users to manipulate data structures called objects in order to build and execute programs. We’ll learn more about objects later, but for now, all you need to know iseverything in Ruby is an object.
Our Ruby programming course is designed for the absolute beginner, and no prior programming experience is necessary. In this course, you will gain familiarity in Ruby around basic programming concepts—including variables, loops, control flow, and most importantly, object-oriented programming. Our Ruby training course will give delegates the skills to hand-code Ruby applications from the ground up. By the end of this course, you will have learnt:
- Introduction to Ruby programming and getting stated with it.
- Ruby fundamentals like datatypes, classes, modules and objects.
- Flow control & statements
- Methods , attributes and variables
- Reading and writing data/files in Ruby
- And more
Build a complete, tested Ruby program from scratch.
You follow a step-by-step, project-based approach to learning how to write well-designed Ruby programs. The course is delivered in a clear and very interesting fashion enabling you to gather ideas on how you can use Ruby in my team.
In completing this computer based training course for Ruby programming, you will have a solid foundation to allow you to start creating programs using Ruby. Start learning Ruby programming today and get ready for Ruby on Rails!