Perl is a scripting language which allows for rapid prototyping of projects formerly done with a programming language or a shell. It incorporates all the functionality of C (including a UNIX system interface), the Shells, grep, sed, and awk. The topics in the course will aid all computer users – from end user to programmer to administrator alike. Many in-class labs support the course material.
Who Should Attend:
This course is for programmers, end users, system administrators, network administrators, CGI script writers, or anybody who is interested in automating tasks but doesn’t want to learn all the details of a full blown programming language.
Benefits of Attendance:
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Manipulate files and directories
- Use arrays and array functions to solve a variety of problems
- Use the powerful regular expression capabilities of Perl
- Generate reports
- Use hashes to solve commonly encountered problems
- Take advantage of Perl’s powerful system interface
- Write programs that solve many system administrator problems
- Use Perl to write CGI applications
- Use Modules from the standard Perl distribution